Focused on digital photography, this is a how-to book on nature photography featuring many illustrations, advice, tips and analysis appropriate for both novice and experienced photographers.
A professional course in digital nature photography – National Audubon Society Guide to Nature Photography is a comprehensive reference and inspiring guide to taking outstanding photographs of the great outdoors. Renowned photographer Tim Fitzharris shares his foolproof techniques, emphasizing digital photography field procedures for a wide variety of nature shots.
Everything needed to achieve professional results is covered, including:
- The best digital equipment, and how to use it
- Detailed insider field techniques for photographing mammals, birds, insects, amphibians, reptiles, wildflowers, wilderness landscapes, seascapes and more
- Getting a correct digital exposure every time
- Using filters (with before-and-after examples)
- Fine art composition
- Photographing scenes for maximum sharpness
- Shooting postcard-perfect sunrises and sunsets
- Digital processing
- Preparing digital captures for publication.
Packed with tips and strategies, this outstanding guide is ideal for beginners, advanced amateurs and professionals. The information is presented in a conversational style and accompanied by hundreds of stunning examples of the author’s photographs.
8.5″ x 8.5″ | 208 pages | ISBN 1554073928